Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why can't I get their names right???

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in my post about swim school (below), I put Brock's name instead of Dalton's. I do that ALL THE TIME! My kids even suggested that I should have named them the other names when they were born, but I explained that even if I did, I still would have mixed them up. I think I reviewed that post 5 or more times and didn't catch it until today. I decided to leave it since this is how my life really is and when I look back I can laugh about it.

I think this problem is hereditary because my mom calls me, Cienna and Cienna, Shauna all the time too. Once in a while she'll throw in my niece's name Shelby or sister-in-law Charisse. It's quite fun because she'll say something like "When is Shauna's soccer game?" and I'll say "I have a soccer game?" to which she replies (ticked off) "Oh you know who I'm talking about!"

I'm sure my kids will do the same to me!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, it must be a three kids or more Mom syndrome. I am always calling by the wrong name--instead of trying to say the right name, Ijust call after them---"or whatever your name is"---I know, aren't you just feeling the maternal warmth?

Sally said...

That is hysterical! Try having all the names start with the same sound...what were we thinking?!!!!!

Savannah's name is "Sydvanna" now.

The Rideout Timeout said...

Glad to know I'm not alone with women in my own age bracket!!